Shoulder pain is typically the result of a rotator cuff injury, a collection of muscles and tendons that pad and stabilize the joint. The rotator cuff will naturally wear with age, making it easy for the area to become injured. When this happens, the body compensates by redistributing weight using different muscles to pick up the slack. This can cause shoulder, neck, and other spinal issues.
Here are four tips to relieve shoulder pain:
1. Rest from any activity that aggravates the pain.
2. Ask a partner to rub the affected area.
3. Ice your shoulder whenever necessary, especially in the evening.
4. Ask your doctor about cortisone injections that can help reduce pain in an inflamed shoulder muscle.
Here are four tips to relieve neck pain:
1. Practice yoga or another physical therapy exercise to improve both ranges.
2. Research over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medicines or topical muscle relaxers.
3. Regularly apply cold and heat for a therapeutic feeling.
4. Again, cortisone shots can help reduce pain in the area.
For more information about our doctors or to visit a location, visit https://midtownmedical.org/
About Midtown Medical
Midtown Medical is built for patients’ convenience. So injury victims can heal with minimal discomfort. When an injury victim schedules an appointment with Midtown Medical for diagnosis, interventional pain management, and treatment options, they start with a brief consultation followed by an examination with a medical specialist to thoroughly assess the patient. Directly after the consult, the medical specialist assists with scheduling additional tests, appointments, or follow-ups, if needed. It is now easier than ever for accident victims to get immediate access, quick answers, and fast relief to injury pain using the many solutions and tech advances that Midtown Medical is happy to provide.
At Midtown Medical, we give accident injury patients immediate access, quick answers, and fast relief of pain using the many solutions and our tech advances!